Friday, September 18, 2015

#RWC2015

Boy oh boy was this an exciting evening (if you live in England, day/morning if you live in the US). The game literally just ended. Here are my thoughts on the game. 
What the heck is wrong with you Fiji? You had so many chances to score and keep it going. The defense wasn't that good, hence the high score against them, and I'm not sure why you guys can't kick. 
I think there were 4 missed opportunities in kicks alone. The game wouldn't have been as bad score wise. 
And about that score?
England: you did not deserve that try at the end. There was a leg in the way blocking the ball from going over the white line. I understand that you really wanted it but if you didn't cross the line, you didn't cross the line. The leg just happened to be in the way. 
Honestly though, I could not have done what happened here tonight. I'm not obese but I'm not athletic either. These guys played their heart and should out. I mean, one try that was made, a team member was laying the ground in agony because he has been running and tormenting his body for about 60 minutes. I mean, holy cow!
These guys in this tournament are the best when it comes to the game. Every player is better than anybody in the world. Having the chance to play in an event like this is a true dream come true. 
It's the first game of the month long tournament and let me tell you, I am super excited even as this sport has yet to really catch on here in the states. 
Speaking of which, in pretty excited to see how many viewers this game had in the US. I wonder if the syndication of Universal Sports and NBC has helped grow the sport to a broader audience. I think it can only help it. 
I don't have tv but I have Sling TV on my phone. With the help of Verizon's Unlimited data, I'm still golden. At least for now. 
If you have any time for an hour or so, or even time for a small glance at this event, take it. 
Rugby has changed my life, I know it will change yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment