Thursday, April 16, 2015

Verizon Unlimited LTE Data

Yup. I have it still. Right now I am using it to steam a 24 hour local news station. It's the same thing every hour, but it is constantly streaming into my phone. It's even HD, too. Why am I doing this? Because I am sick of limited data.

I am blessed to pay $30 a month for unlimited data. Data I can use however I feel. If I feel like just casually surfing Safari, I can do that. If I feel like streaming HD video for the heck of it, I do that too. I think I have used about 10 gigabytes so far in the last 24 hours. I love it. If I had wifi to do so, I would. But, I don't. Why should I pay for something when I can just do it on my phone for little money a month? T-Mobile and Sprint have unlimited data but its throttled. So it's not Unlimited in the sense it's consistent. You don't get great service all of the time. Only up to a point. My Verizon Unlimited Data is the only true unlimited data package. It's a service Verizon hasn't offered since 2011. I plan to use it forever.

So, I'm using data just because I can today. How much data do I actually use? Do I actually NEED the unlimited data? Well, yes. I use about 30 gigabytes a month. Sometimes about 35 a month. I have YouTube and safari websites along with Netflix and this news app so I can stay up-to-date with local news. I never use wi-fi. That's why it's so important to me.

What I don't understand is the use of my unlimited data. I have it, yet I cannot use my mobile hotspot feature. If data is data, why can't I use it? I pay for unlimited data, after all. I can't. For those not on unlimited data, though, can use all the tethering they want; up to their paid data amount. So, Verizon recognizes data is data. It doesn't matter if it's tethering or not tethering. Yet, I am cheated out because I pay for unlimited data. Yet, even I am limited in my data usage.

There are first world problems, I know. With all this talk about Google working on their own network at a per gigabyte plan as rumored, that would be great. I want unlimited data at a low price. I want to use my data anyway I want, tethered or streamed. I want it international. I want to be able to use my phone in Germany, as I would in Canada or here in my home of America.

Data, is data after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment