Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Ted Cruz Wins Iowa-Now what?

We have had a great victory last night. For many conservatives, they went to sleep with smiling faces and will wake up with them on. To others, they will be disappointed. But one thing is for sure: this is not the final stop. New Hampshire is next and already, candidates are looking ahead on the campaign trail. So, that's it, right? Ted Cruz beat the only person that was considered "electable". Well, it's a bit more complicated than that. 

Yes, Ted Cruz was not considered as electable as Donald Trump was. However, Ted beat him. By a pretty decent margin. I was quite surprised. I figured it would be closer. But, for me, I am relived. I'm happy the polls are done in Iowa. I'm happy Ted Cruz came out on top because I know for sure that this only made the fire under his campaign hotter and more intense. For me, it started that fire back up and it's burning hotter than ever. Finally, in my lifetime, a conservative through and through, has hope. At least, I'll play along with the media. 

This hope is exciting for me. It's not the drama of it, it's the fact that a guy like Ted Cruz can be on top. A man who stood against the leader of his party after he was lied to. A man who has fought with conservative principles and a man who has true fear of God. He always makes that known. His life story is based around God and the conservative, smaller government and fighting for "We The People". There is no doubt in my mind, that he will continue to do that when elected president. 

So why did Ted Cruz win? Well, honestly nobody knows but if I was at the caucus last night, I know that issues are a huge importance to me. All of this stuff about how he's not born here, all these issues about whatever else came to Trump's mind..I forgot them because I stopped listening to him. I lost interest. Meanwhile, Cruz is talking about restoring religious liberty and bringing up eminent domain. Those issues I care about a lot because it's about time somebody brought these issues up. Trump hasn't said a solid issue in over 3 weeks. I believe that's why he lost. 

Cruz won because people can see what he's all about. People can feel what he's all about. Again, though, it's nowhere near being done. This is only the start. Iowans is pretty important in this process, but it really doesn't mean much yet. It will mostly be forgotten by the media and New Hampshire will be pushed and so will the stupid arguments by Trump. Ted stood on issues and he stood by principle. The constitution isn't just some old paper document behind a glass seal, it's a document that means so much tot us everyday because without it, how would I be typing this? Defiantly not with my capital. 

Iowa will only be a blink of an eye, and campaigning wise, New Hampshire will be difficult. Let's not give up Cruz Crew. Let's keep this positive energy going. 

-Clint

No comments:

Post a Comment