Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Welcome Back George Bush

I really liked George. I don't know if that was because I was young, but even to this day, he is still the president in my eyes. He was the president during my young adult years. He is who I will forever remember as The President of The United States. I admire his love of country, I admire his whit, I even admire his speech habits. There's something incredibly human to George Bush. I'm talking about Bush 43. 41 I don't have any memory of because I was way too young. 43, though, I remember him greatly. I also remember how he was treated by the media. "The afterlife" as him and the former Laura put it, has to be nothing but bliss. I do not blame him for being out of the media for a while. It is great to see him back. 

I just had a few thoughts on the speech, what little I heard of it, while speaking for his brother, Jeb Bush. Jeb, is defiantly not my nominee. He has a history of flip flopping and he has done things that are not as conservative as he claims to be. But his brother George said something that reminded me of what I wrote about earlier. He said, "these are tough times and I understand Americans and angry are frustrated but we do not need someone in the Oval Office who mirrors and enflames our anger and frustrations." This is exactly right. I am angry. A am pissed off at the government, the media, the establishment-you name it. However, I recognize Trump personified that anger from the beginning and he continues to do so. 

Who here can faithfully raise their hand and tell me they think 100% clear while they are angry, upset or just plain mad? I know I am not. This is why we need a president who is not angry, upset or mad. We need a president who is able to rid themselves of those angry thoughts because they lead to nothing worthwhile. They don't accomplish anything. This is why Trump is not the leader we think he will be. Trump is still in that angry phase where words come out that you could regret later on. Things are said that you cannot take back. He joked about terrorism on 5th avenue and people don't even think about it! This is dangerous. We need a president who can breathe and focus for a few moments. Nobody can do that being in an irrational state of mind. 

It was good to see 43 back up again because I miss his leadership. We didn't talk about racism during his presidency, we didn't talk about hate crimes or anti-Christian this or anti-Muslim that... Things such as morale in this country were very high because we had a president who had faith in We The People. We had a leader who knew that we knew more about our families than he did. We had a president who loved this country. We had a person in charge who was calm and thought things through. I miss that. I miss a president like that.

Is Jeb that guy? I don't think so. I think his last name is a big enough turn off for most, including myself. 320 million people and all we can find are a Bush or a Clinton? Unfortunately, we have a candidate who leads in the polls (like they matter) who still enflames the anger brought from the American people. Let's all calm down and regain our feet on our principles again because the best years are to come.

We just need to think clearly through it.

-Clint

No comments:

Post a Comment