Monday, March 30, 2015

Tidal Music

So, there seems to be this new music streaming service. It is called Tidal. Like a tidal wave. I wonder if his name is chosen on purpose because they hope to come in like a hurricane and blow away all of the other competition services?

At first thought, a streaming service sounds like a good idea. You pay a set amount of money, monthly, and you get a ton of songs at your command. The idea seems to work for services like Spotify and Beats. It's only natural the market will start to follow, creating competition and driving down costs. I, however, stopped using music streaming services as of last year. Two years ago I started to use Sony music unlimited. It is a service that has since been changed as of this past month or so. I got a super great deal that ended up being only $50 a year. So naturally, I took it. I used it for a while, the rest of the year, and enjoyed it. I wasn't going to sign up for another year because the price is going to go back up to hundred and $120 a year. So I decided to use a free month of Spotify. I didn't use it that much. To be honest, I didn't like it. I wanted to listen to my own music. So I decided to switch to iTunes match. I love having all of my music on my phone, whenever I need it.

So I am wondering how this will work. Will a bunch of people tried out for a few months and see if they like it better than Spotify or iTunes radio? Hech, even Pandora or the new Sony music service?

I am not much into streaming music and less it is off of a iHeartRadio app, or my iTunes radio or iTunes match service. Just because I have my own music to listen to. I like to know the fact that, even though I don't own a physical copy, it's still mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment