Sunday, February 7, 2016

The GOP Debate And Other Things: PART TWO

Hello! Back for part two I hope! Let's get right into it. 

(Due to the broken Blogger app, this is the third time I am writing this. Man, is this frustrating..)

So Rubio got his butt kicked and boy was it glorious. Here's my theory: what does Christy, (Jeb) Bush, McCain, Romney, Kasich, And Trump all have in common? The GOP Establishment. Jeb was a favorite last summer, Christy was a favorite last year, McCain was a favorite back in 2008 and Romney back in 2012. What do these candidates have in common, as well? They all try to distance themselves, not from the other GOP candidates, but from the sitting president. Trump was for a little while, and although, I think he still is, he doesn't need money to fund a campaign. He doesn't need help so he can go back and forth. The new favorite from the establishment is Rubio and a now relaxed Christy knows this. Heck, I wouldn't doubt if all the candidates know this. Rubio spent a majority of his time, like always, attacking Obama only this time he was called out on it. Christy knows the routine: say these words and brand yourself as the anti-Obama. That smile Christy had wasn't the smile of victory, it was the smile of yeah, man....I've been in your shoes... Christy handed Rubio a new you-know-what, as he should. Rubio is too much of a slick talker to be truthful and he talks too fast to create things out of thin air. Coming into the debate, I think Cruz knew he had to try to distance himself from Rubio as much as possible because Rubio was a bigger threat than even I thought, coming out of the Iowa Caucus but I think Christy did the work for him. Like a broken record, within SECONDS, Rubio started his memorized mini-speech. Yeah..that was pretty glorious. It's no doubt it was the best part of the debate. That's why everybody is talking about it today in the headlines. I think it will have tremendous effect on Rubio. 

Ben Carson and Ted Cruz did talk about the voter issue from this past week. We got to hear first hand from both candidates, without any interruption. Even though the buzzer went off during Ted's turn, he decided to keep going. He didn't speed up his speech, he wanted to be heard, precise and as clear as possible to everybody watching the debate on television and everybody in that room. The moderators didn't even try to stop him. Ted even apologized, again, but this time took a pause to stare into Ben's eyes. It takes a man of great character to do that. Even I have trouble saying 'I'm sorry' for the little things. I can't imagine the heat that was going through Ted's face from that 'embarrassment'. Trump, however couldn't be without his gaffes, though. He made a comment defending Ben at one point in the debate, even though he's the reason Ben isn't higher in the polls. What a tool. 

Speaking of Trump, although he has lost my vote because of the past month, he actually said something before the debate that was an actual issue! This is what Trump said to Breitbart news the other day: "This is what I was saying when I said ‘Mexico is sending,’ Do you remember when I said that? Mexico is sending. These countries are sending their worst people to us because they don’t want to take care of them. It is happening. These countries—we’re being sent people that are hardcore criminals and they’re being put through our borders and they’re being accepted by us because of Obama’s open policy." He spoke on the details about MS-13 being in Boston. He actually said something worth caring about. It is crazy that we have to wait this long for him to say something worth while again but he actually brought this up! He said: “If somebody great doesn’t get in as president, we don’t have a country anymore. We’re not going to have a country anymore.” How true he is. It's amazing that we have cities in this country called Santuary Cities. Places where the immigration laws are essentially non existent! It baffles me that a president would allow this to happen..especially after crying a year over gun murders. Whether or not Trump is that "great" individual, it nice to see him talking about stuff I care about. I'm sure you guys care about that issue as well. Enough on the birther stuff and enough on the "voter fraud" stuff, too. Let's get back to the issues that matter the most. 

Finally, job reports for January reports foreign born people have stolen 6 million jobs from you and I since Obama came into office and Joe Biden is thinking about running for president again. Look, Joe...please do us a favor and do not run. Do you really want all that stress? I don't think you have any dark hairs left! Do yourself a favor and spend time with your wife. She loves you and you love her. Spend time with her. We all know you aren't getting any younger. If I had the life you had, I would be wanting to spend time with my wife more. Heck, I wish I could spent more time with my wife now. I travel for my job though, so I cannot yet. This is a push by the democrats and it's not what you want, Joe. Stay true to who you are. If he does decide to run though, I bet he will try to distance himself from Obama just like every establishment person does. 

Naturally, we all know it's just a cover though. Hillary will be going to jail soon so this is why Joe is thinking about running. He's also the guy who will steal votes from Sanders. That's who the DNC fears the most. Joe is the only hope for the DNC and they know it. 

Oh, political correctness is on its way out. I hate to say it, but I believe it's because of Donald Trump. 

-Clint






No comments:

Post a Comment