Tuesday, April 7, 2015

On The Tour Bus

I'm on the bus and we are heading from Nashville to a place called Duluth Minnesota. It's right on the far western corner of Lake Superior. One of the Great Lakes. I am resting because I believe I have strep throat. My ear was killing me the past few days and It still is, just not as bad. My throat hurts to swallow, as well. I'm wondering, though, how am I supposed to sleep? Should I sleep down on my ear that hurts or should I sleep on the ear that is okay? My reasoning for sleeping on the ear that hurts is, if there is anything in my ear, it could drain out. It hurts, though... So should I sleep on the ear that is okay?

I decided to sleep on the ear that is ok. Half the night, anyways.

I sleep on my stomach. That's the best way in my opinion. There's something about it that brings a sense of peace.

This bus misquote comfortable, by the way. There are 10 bunk beds in here. We have a closet, a bunk for the instruments, one for the bass and a few for extra luggage. We only need four bunks for us.

Living on the bus is pretty awesome. We live out of a suitcase the whole time. No need to worry about losing anything because it is probably someplace close by. If you want to sleep, you can sleep. If you want to read a book, you can read a book. There are tv's on this bus if you ever want to watch a movie or any television show from the satellite. Naturally, too, you can sit on your computer and write out a blog to your international family! That's due to the reason that there is full internet wifi on the bus. It's pretty fast but because we are traveling ad it goes by the cellular network, it could drop out at any moment. That's never any fun. One moment you're watching a video on youtube and the next, you're looking at a spinning circle.

I have unlimited data on my iPhone still, from Verizon. That comes in handy a lot, I might add. I use that data to it's full extent, too. I go through about at gigabyte and a half a day. Yes, a gigabyte and a half. That's over 1,500 megabytes of data a day. I surf the web, watch videos, I read news articles, listen to music, watch the news..I don't know how anybody can use their iPhone without unlimited data. I would feel so controlled. I wouldn't be able to use my phone the way I want to. I like to do more things on it than just text or, more importantly, call people.

That's on my mind as we roll down the road. I might get food here in a bit. I should have a gift card near by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment