Sunday, March 22, 2015

On My Mind: 4.22.15

Ahh...what a day it's been..


I'm on a bus heading up to Nashville, TN. It's been my home for the past 4 years. It's nice there. I like it.
I have traveled all over the world, from Denmark, U.K., Alberta CA, California USA, Bahamas, and Nova Scotia, Germany and everywhere else in between. Pretty cool.
I remember being in high school wanting to do what I do now: Play fiddle in a bluegrass band and tour. I've gotten to do that this whole time. So...now what?
Well, for starters, I want to have a family. My girlfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years, and we have been talking for over 3 years and we have known each other longer than that. She is amazing...I cannot imagine my life without her there. She is my second half. What she doesn't eat, I will. What she thinks is cool, I do too....Heck: She loves and rides horses, I play bluegrass...what can be more country than that? Needless to say, our wedding will be pretty awesome and country themed..
But, what about after that? I wan't to have a family..and sure, I guess it would be possible to tour and have a family, but, I don't want to miss out on all the firsts: baby;s first steps, first word, first time doing anything awesome.....That isn't fun to me.
Will I even have a chance to do that though? If there is a draft for a major war, I'm screwed. I'm 23 and will be 24 this year. I still need to make it 3 more years before I'm 'safe' from being drafted. Could I do it, though? I guess anythings possible. I am doing my high school dream. I think I could. It would be scary though. Just like what is going on outside: It's the 1930's all over again.
Speaking of outside, it is dark at the time of writing. I usually stay up late when I'm on the bus. Not a whole lot to do this late at night. The bus is roomy to where we can do stuff and not feel 'close'. I am writing this while listening to Coldplay. It took me about 45 minutes to find something interesting to listen to. I play bluegrass, but I never listen to it..well, not as much as I should, I guess. I do need to practice more, though. I would like to get better at my bow technique. But, I have a recent musical endeavor. I want to play the piccolo. Instead of lugging around a guitar or something, I could bring a piccolo and take it out of my pocket whenever I want to jot down a musical idea. I can then place it back in my pocket when I am finished. That is brilliant, no? Maybe I can get one for cheap later..I owe taxes. That is gonna suck.
This blog, in case you had no idea, is pretty free form. I never have a topic, it is just what I have in my head at the time of writing. I had an album review blog but That got too 'formal' for me. So I quit..and not only that, but it was hard work. I was listening to 3 to 4 albums at a time and trying to get a good review was very difficult. So I quit. I had an idea to bring it back, got a cool twitter thing going, but that lasted about 2 hours.. lol
So I am hoping this will work out.
I'll talk about politics and other random stuff.
PLEASE WRITE YOUR OPINION. I want to hear it. Or, see it since it will be in typing haha. I believe the only cause for misunderstanding is because there is a lack of communication. So, wouldn't it be cool, if there was a communication that was direct and strait forward, with no middle man? Yeah. Me too.
So, I will be here. But, I won't post like only one a day, at 8 am central time, or twice a day, heck I may not even post one at all for a few days. It depends on how motivated I am. But, if there's something in my mind, like there is now, I'll be here, writing my mind.
Princess of china has a great groove.
Sorry, Coldplay again.
yeah..I guess that's it.  I will not proofread anything. Not enough time. I will check for little squiggly lines under words, but yeah...that's all.
Talk soon. May God bless you.
And yes, I'm a Christian. Tough it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment